Tuesday 14 November 2017

When there is a will...

So last week's attempt at bread 101 was a total disaster, I figured it was because I used dried active yeast without mixing it in the water first. So this past weekend I repeated the recipe and went for it again, on Sunday after a nice 4 hours road trip to Portsoy ice-cream and filled with happy thoughts, I started mixing and kneading with high hopes. Around 11 pm the hopes were shattered and I was once more left with a flat dough. At this point you can imagine how I felt... maybe I should stick to cake and perhaps its better to just buy from the shops and support the food manufacturing industry instead.

Monday night, a day of working on a project and having a good meeting with clients. I like it when people are good at what they do. The afternoon was spent on correcting and editing a paper. I really am blind when it comes to typos and grammatical stuff (be-ware readers!), so by 8 pm I announced that I will try the bread once more, I figured my yeast is out of date and not functioning, so head out to the shops for a fresh batch of this time instant yeast instead of active dried yeast, new ingredients and help from my husband with fierce kneading .... and 4 hours later, et viola. The crusty golden dome appeared from the oven, with the most magical smell that could probably rise me from the death bed.

Here it is the proud, third time is the charm, home made, white loaf bread...



No comments:

Post a Comment